Wednesday, January 18, 2006

japan update #3

What up, I am in Hiroshima. We are staying at the Hotel New Tachibana.

In an internet cafe, so I get more than the scant ~15 minutes I got at the IES offices before people lurking the computers made me cave in and finish up, though this means I have to actually pay to use it. Whateva, if I paid for an hour, I am using up that whole hour.

Kyoto was not all that great, but it's not the fault of the city, but our tour, which was horrendously boring and only took us to like five thousand temples. Oh god, make it stop! Make it stop! I don't care about temples! We didn't get to go to Gion, and we didn't get to go to the shrine with the bunch of red torii that Sayuri runs through in Memoirs of a Geisha. Honestly, if we didn't do that, what point is there to Kyoto?

Also, it is barely a city. It is nothing like Tokyo. Liek, seriously, it is more like a large village. I was most confused. Perhaps I wasn't seeing the right parts, though, I don't know.

Oh, but I tried the public bath in our hotel!!!!! I did it!!! Yessss!! Naked in a room full of other women! I did iittttttt :DDD Honestly, if you know anything about my modesty, you know how hard that was for me to do. And so I had a very nice long conversation with two of the other girls on the trip. While naked. So strange, so strange. And yet I am still proud of me. Public bath! yesss

Tomorrow, my birthday, shall be spent crying, as we are visiting the Hiroshima Peace Park museum & A-bomb dome and whatnot. I'm glad to have a respite from the TEMPLE FEST by going to a museum instead but seriously? Going to be depressed like what. Ah well. Janterm doesn't equal a good birthday for me, and I should just learn to deal with that.

Oh, and deer temple today in Nara!! Deeeeer temple!! :D The deer rocked, too. deeeeeeeeeeeer ♥

In Kyoto at Kinkakuji Temple I saw a guy who struck me as looking a lot like someone I knew, so I took a picture of him to show to that person later. Only when I looked at the picture later, he was looking straight at me. So I suspect he knew what I was doing. But oh well, I'll never have to see him again, I figured. WRONG! He was IN NARA at the deer temple at the same time today. What the heck, man. I can understand if he was following a similar schedule/tour type thing, but at the exact same time of day? At the same place in huge temple complexes for me to see him again? Craaazy. Kind of freaked me out, really. weird, weird things!

Time is almost up soooo, byebye!

No comments: