Sunday, January 15, 2006

japan update #2

Just a short update, as there are children shrieking only feet away and I'm about to go shopping in Ikspiari and play putt-putt golf with my host mom, sister, and sister's friend. I don't know when I'll be able to update again because tomorrow we leave for Kyoto/Hiroshima/Nara and I don't know about internet access there. I'm not really looking forward to going... besides the fact that I really like the routine I've settled into here in the Tokyo area (not to mention my great host family), all the group things so far have been an irritating, exhausting game of 'how can we avoid people we don't like but who insist on following us around hanging out with us.' It has been most tiring, and has only left me completely frustrated and even less willing to let those people tag along. If you knew them, you would understand why. They are on my list of 'Things that have dampened this trip so far.' =_____= Luckily, that list is mostly overtaken by the list of things I -do- like, which almost makes up for it. Like some of the cool things I've bought, which include an arrow from Tsurugaoka Shrine, a hilarious dish sponge with a FACE ON IT, a Tokyo Tower model... etc.

No comments: