Saturday, November 18, 2006

So my iPod broke and I had to order a new one from the Japan site, which got here on Thursday. I really prefer my old one.... but oh well, there's no way I can use it again, so I'm just going to have to get used to this new one. At least it has a cool engraving on the back that I got for free!
princess fire-dog
That's the literal meaning-translation of my first and last name, hahaha.

Saturday this past weekend was our Ladies Night Out for the women of IES. Organized mainly by Allie and Harsha, they invited all the girls in IES, and about 18 of us showed up. We dressed up nice (everyone wore the cocktail dresses they had brought with them... why didn't I bring mine? I have one that would have been perfect... AT HOME, agh) and hung out in Shibuya. It was really fun and cool.





Sunday was our anime class field trip to Akihabara, and we met outside Ochanomizu Station at 2.


Crazy Japan-nationalist guys set up a little propaganda area outside the station as we were gathering. It's cool, these guys aren't the ones who hate foreigners!

Anyway, the field trip. We all agreed that it was kind of worthless, especially for those of us (just about everyone) that have already been to Akihabara. He took us around to some various stores, trying to talk about "liminal space" and whatever. I guess we have to write some sort of paper or whatever over this later or whatever. That class is kind of... worthless. Oh well.

When the field trip part ended I hung out there more with some people from my class, going around to various stores, which was pretty fun.


Akihabara as we were walking towards it.


We passed a shrine on the way in.

There was a maid cafe on the 2nd floor of one of the buildings so we hit that up for desserts. The maids there were CAT MAIDS which was kind of adorable, and the 'rare cheesecake' I got was delicious. They also gave us a sheet full of Engrish descriptions of their point card system, which was absolutely hilarious.


My food. That cheesecake was sooooo good!


The hilarious point card explanation sheet. Seriously, read these, it's just too good.




Please enjoy it with the color cat!





After that we went home and I made dinner, which was the tortellini I got at Carrefour so it should have been amazing but it WASN'T, the cheese inside tasted disgusting and I can't figure out why (it was imported from Italy, too!). aagghhh good non-disgusting pasta in Japan is somehow so hard to come by!! At least I had edamame, yummm...


And here's the people in my Japanese class except for Yuki and Matt. We have fun sometimes (I look terrible).

Oh yeah, and I discovered that I can Bittorrent Daily Show and Colbert Report, so that's amazing, and thus I was able to watch the election coverage. It was all hilarious, and YAY DEMOCRATS WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO (sorry, Mom, you gloated to me about Bush in 2004, so I can't resist this time around) :D

No comments: